Bormio is about 200 km North of Milan.
Fly to Alta Valtellina:
The closest ariports are Milano Malpensa, Bergamo Orio al Serio (both offering daily service to Bormio by bus during the winter season) and Milano Linate.
- From Milan you reach Bormio going through Lecco along the highway n.36 (past lake Como) to Colico, and then along the main road n. 38 which leads directly to the town. The trip takes about 3 hours.
- From Venice motorway A4 Torino-Venezia towards Torino; take the Brescia Ovest (West) towards Lago d’ Iseo (Iseo Lake); then take main road n. 56 to Edolo; Aprica Pass, Tirano, Bormio.
- From Germany/Austria the best way in winter goes through Landeck, Martina, Zernez (Switzerland), La Drossa Tunnel, Livigno; Foscagno Pass, Bormio.
Please note: the following mountain routes are closed during the winter season:
- Passo del Gavia 2621m (from Ponte di Legno, Brescia province)
- Passo dello Stelvio 2758m (from the Bolzano province)
- Passo Santa Maria 2502m (Swiss border)
- Passo della Forcola 2315m (Switzerland)
- Milano Centrale train station to Tirano, then bus to Bormio. The trip takes about 4 hours.
See map below for exact location and directions.