Santa Caterina Valfurva is about 220 km North of Milan.
Fly to Alta Valtellina:
The closest ariports are Milano Malpensa, Bergamo Orio al Serio (both with daily bus transfer to Santa Caterina Valfurva) and Milano Linate.
- From Milan you reach Santa Caterina Valfurva going through Lecco along the highway n.36 (past lake Como) to Colico, and then along the main road n. 38 which leads directly to Bormio and then continue on to Santa Caterina Valfurva. The trip takes about 3&1/2 hours.
- From Venice motorway A4 Torino-Venezia towards Torino; take the Brescia Ovest (West) towards Lago d’ Iseo (Iseo Lake); then take main road n. 56 to Edolo; Aprica Pass, Tirano, Bormio and then continue to Santa Caterina.
- From Germany/Austria the best way in winter goes through Landeck, Martina, Zernez (Switzerland), La Drossa Tunnel, Livigno; Foscagno Pass, Bormio.
Please note: the following mountain routes are closed during the winter season:
- Passo del Gavia 2621m (from Ponte di Legno, Brescia province)
- Passo dello Stelvio 2758m (from the Bolzano province)
- Passo Santa Maria 2502m (Swiss border)
- Passo della Forcola 2315m (Switzerland)
- Milano Centrale train station to Tirano, then bus to Bormio and then on to Santa Caterina. The trip takes about 4&1/2 hours.
See map below for exact location and directions.